Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monogram Door Decor

Spring is just around the corner, and although it only got into the high 50's the sun was shining this weekend and I was itching to freshen up some of our outdoor space, mainly our entry way. What better way to spruce it up than with a new wreath. Well, I am kinda burnt out on making wreaths so I decided to take a new twist on the tired old door wreath and make what I am calling my monogram door decor. Check it out

I bought the B (sorry no before pictures) from Hobby Lobby for $1.99. It was just plain mdf so I decided to grab some jute and wrap it. I knew I wanted to make flowers to put on it and I had planned on making my own, but I came across these on clearance for a buck! So I took that shortcut and I am glad I did, wrapping the B was a bit more tedious then I thought. I hot glued the jute to the B as I was wrapping, so it took a little bit of time. It probably took me 30 minutes to wrap it.

I had the brown ribbon in my ribbon collection, but I am sure that you could find your own ribbon at a very affordable price. I cut two strips of ribbon and hot glued them to the back of the B and then tied them around my hook and made a bow.

I rearranged the the front and decided to bring the owl that was inside out and it was the missing piece. Now you are greeted by this inviting entrance when walking up to my house.

Thanks for reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Super Cute! I love those letters at Hobby Lobby, I am ready for Spring to be here and brighten up my door too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't find these letters anywhere here! Wish we had a Hobby Lobby here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your ideas, what a cute blog! I just became a follower and want to invite you to stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too:) Thanks!!
    http://www.gratefulbelly.com/

    ReplyDelete