Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Established Name Sign

Since before the hubs and I were married I have been in love with these established signs that you can find on etsy. I just always thought they would be the perfect wedding gift, and I always thought I could make one instead of spending 50 bucks for someone else to make it and then pay shipping. So, I found the shape wood that I wanted at Hobby Lobby for $6.99, I had paint leftover from a paint sample, and I bought vinyl and transfer paper from Hobby Lobby.

I painted my wood with the paint and while it dried, I cut out our last name on the vinyl using the cricut, and then cut out our established date. I have never cut vinyl before with the cricut and did not really know what I was doing to be honest. So to make it easier on myself I left out the transfer paper but next time I think the transfer paper will ensure a straighter more even line. But c'est la vie. I still love the way it turned out!

all painted and trying to figure out the placement
and still working on placement 
( I originally wanted to put our wedding date but was having trouble with placement so I stuck with 2011)

I removed the backing on the vinyl and rubbed them onto the wood sign, just like a sticker. I LOVE the way it turned out and I wanted to find the perfect place to display it. I decided to put it on our entry way shelf. It looks fab, check it out....


Thanks for reading! :)



6 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! I want one!


    Elaine Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blogs.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I found you through Happy Hour Projects and will be following you now!
    Amy @ http://yellowhouseon3rd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you followed back. I would love it if you linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/03/showoff-saturday-4.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love it! I love the established signs too, and ordered one for our home when I got married... this looks like such a fun project though, I've wanted to try making signs too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    This is lovely! Established signs are really cool. Yours turned out really well and now I just want to make one on my own too. It looks like a good project that I will enjoy too. I will try to do this!

    ReplyDelete